Hire a Private jet between Nice and Munich
Imagine driving right up to your luxury jet, being met inside with a piping hot cup of coffee or sparkling Champagne, and taking off within minutes without the hassle, crowds and often delays associated with schedule air travel. Plus, since you can fly non-stop between Munich and Nice on a private jet, you'll shave hours off of the travel time by avoiding a time-consuming layover. LunaJets can get you from Munich to Nice or Nice to Munich in around 90 minutes.
LunaJets, a leader in private jet transportation, offers all of this and more. We understand that your time is valuable and that you've earned a certain degree of luxury. Our fleet of luxury jets and team of experienced and efficient pilots and cabin staff help bring the fun back into flying.
What to do in Munich?
Munich, the capital city of Bavaria, is a popular tourist and business destination. Located near the Isar River adjacent to the Bavarian Alps, Munich is Germany's third largest city and has a population of more than 1.5 million residents.
Munich is home to a number of important businesses, including BMW, Siemens and Linde. The city is developing into a major biotech hub and is also a major publishing center.
Major tourist attractions in Munich include the Marienplatz, the Medieval town square where visitors gather to see the animated clock (the Glockenspiel) tell its story twice a day; Frauenkirche, the large 15th century Roman Catholic church in the heart of the city; the 910-acre English Garden with its Japanese garden as well as the Bavarian National Museum; and the BMW Museum and its collection of all of the models of sports cars, racing cars and motorcycles made by the company.
Of course, if you are visiting Munich in late September or early October, it's Oktoberfest season. During this time, the city celebrates the bounty of the season with beer and food served in 14 large beer tents. Oktoberfest, the largest beer festival in the world, draws more than six visitors to the city each year.
Sports are an important part of Munich's culture and the city is home to Bayern Munich, Germany's most successful football team, as well as professional basketball and ice hockey teams.
Luxury accommodations in Munich
Munich offers a variety of luxury accommodations. A sampling of these include:
- Mandarian Oriental Munich: With just 48 rooms and 25 suites, the Mandarian Oriental Munich is one of the smallest luxury hotels in the city. Located in the heart of Munich's Old Town, the hotel is designed in the Mandarian brand's signature Asian style and is home to the well-regarded Matsuhisa restaurant.
- Hotel Bayerischer Hof Munich: This elegant hotel, also located in Old Town, was built as a private palace. It opened as a hotel in 1841 and has been one of Munich's most luxurious accommodations ever since. The hotel is also home to the three-Michelin-star Atelier Restaurant.
- Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski: Just an eight-minute stroll from the Marienplatz, Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski offers old world charm with all of the modern amenities you'd expect in a luxury hotel. It's one of the few hotels in town with an indoor swimming pool.
Where to dine in Munich
No visit to Munich would be complete without sampling some of the city's fine restaurants. Food is an integral part of Bavarian culture, and the region is well known for its sausages, sauerkraut, veal dishes and, of course, beer.
For fine dining in Munich, visit La Boheme for steaks and grilled meats, Les Deux for classic French cuisine or Limoni, for upscale Northern Italian fare.
To sample the local cuisine, we suggest Schiller Brau, Zum Brunnstein or Restaurant Pils Corner.
What to do in Nice
Nice makes a wonderful home base to explore the "Cote d'Azur". From Nice, it's just a short drive or train ride to the beaches at Cannes and Beaulier-sur-Mer; the luxury restaurants, casino and yacht harbor at Monte Carlo; and the lavender fields in and around Grasse.
However, the City of Nice has plenty of attractions of its own. The picturesque boardwalk along the "Baie des Anges" is great for people watching, sampling delicious street food and absorbing the tempo and flavor of the city. Nice is also home to the Matisse Museum, a fascinating Old Town and a colorful, weekly flower market.
Luxury accommodations in Nice
Nice offers a number of excellent luxury hotels.
- Hotel Negresco: The "grande dame" of Nice hotels, the Negresco first opened in 1913 and has played host to many of the last century's top artists, musicians and world leaders. The hotel is located right on the Promenade and offers 100 guest rooms and 25 suites, many of which have dramatic views of the Mediterranean Sea.
- Hotel Nice Beau Rivage: Located just a stone's throw away from the water, the Hotel Nice Beau Rivage is a mid-19th century luxury villa in Nice's Old Town that's been revitalized as a luxury hotel. The Beau Rivage offers 100 guest rooms and four seaview apartments in the building where Matisse once resided. Amenities include a private beach.
- Meridien Hotel Nice: Located #1 Promenade des Anglais, across the street from the Mediterranean, the Meridien Hotel offers 318 guest rooms and 15 seaview suites as well as a rooftop swimming pool and restaurant.
Where to dine in Nice
Nicoise cuisine is Mediterranean with Italian, North African and classic French influences. Some of the regional favorites include bouillabaisse, a delicious fish stew; salade nicoise, a green salad topped with eggs, tuna, onions, anchovies and tomatoes; and pissaladiere, a pizza-like tart with onions, olives and anchovies. Of course, you'll also want to sample at least one glass of the local rose wine.
For casual dining, try one of the many cafes and eateries along the Promenade des Anglais. For more upscale dining, we suggest Le Chantecler and Le Sejour for fine dining and JAN for contemporary, European cuisine.
Working with LunaJets
LunaJets makes it easy to travel between Nice, France and Munich, Germany with style and efficiency. We understand that important business and personal matters can arise at any time, so we offer 24/7 service, worldwide, with no minimum notice. Plus, our Private Jet Advisor app gives you instant access to all of the information and documents you need for your flight.
To learn more about how LunaJets can transform the way you travel within Europe and beyond and to hire a private jet, contact us directly.